Call for Executive Board Position Nominations
Are you passionate about your field and want promote the counseling profession and the public’s confidence and trust in the counseling profession? The WCA is accepting nominations for Executive Board Positions, which begin July 1, 2015.
Executive Board members bring a wide variety of skills and strengths. Please consider volunteering your time to help grow WCA and strengthen its commitment to membership and our profession.
The following leadership positions are open on the Executive Board.
- Term: 2015-2016 as President elect, 2016-2017 as President, and 2018-2019 as Past President
- Description: The main duties of the President- Elect are to coordinate WCA’s annual conference and to perform the duties of the President in his/her absence or incapacity. As President, the main duties include leading the association, chairing WCA board meetings, and joining WCA committees as a nonvoting member. Duties of Past-President include chairing the Elections Committee and the Resolutions Committees.
- Terms: 2015-2016 as President elect-elect, 2016-2017 as President-Elect, and 2018-2019 as President and 2019-2020 as Past President
- Description: As President Elect-Elect, the main duty is to serve as a nonvoting member of the board. The President Elect-Elect also serves a consultant to the board and is involved in board and association activities.
If you are interested, please email Becky Rudd the following information in the form of a candidate profile. This profile will be included in the election packet to WCA members.
- Name & credentials
- Position sought
- Membership (ACA, WCA or other divisions and national memberships)
- What are your reasons for running for this office?
- Describe your leadership positions you have held – especially in counseling associations
The call for elections is ongoing until a pool of candidates is collected. Please let us know if you have any questions.