FOR COUNSELOR EDUCATION
A Division of WCA
WACES EMPHASIZES THE NEED FOR QUALITY EDUCATION AND SUPERVISION OF COUNSELORS IN ALL WORK SETTINGS
PURPOSE OF WACES
The purpose of the Washington State Educators and Supervisors Division is:
- To advance counselor education and counselor supervision in Washington State through collaboration and professional development.
- To provide a communication vehicle for members
- To advance knowledge and skills in fields related to all levels of counselor education and counselor supervision
- To contribute to the improvement of training and supervision for those engaged in counseling and student development
- To improve competency of members, their students, and supervisees including meeting the needs of a culturally diverse society
- To provide support and encouragement for programs in maintaining the standards of the American Counseling Association.
Are members of WCA and meet at least one of the following:
Are on the faculty of or affiliated with a college or university and are regularly engaged in the professional preparation of professional counselors or college student development professionals;
Are regularly engaged in performing the duties of a local, state or national supervisor of counselors, college student development professionals or counselors in training; or
Are otherwise regularly engaged in professional leadership, consultation, and coordination of state qualified counselors or other student development professionals. The term “regularly engaged” shall mean that the specified professional activity constitutes a significant and continuing aspect of the individual’s professional work.
And are a recipient of a graduate degree conferred by an accredited graduate school based in part upon coursework providing preparation for performing the duties in sub-section (a) of this section.
Are actively enrolled in a graduate program leading to a graduate degree as described above and have an interest in counselor education and supervision.
Have met the requirements for regular membership but are now retired.
President: Diana Gruman
Western Washington University
Department of Psychology
516 High Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
Past President: Mary Brown
Director of School Counseling
502 E. Boone Ave.
Spokane, WA 99258-0025
Secretary: Terry Schwartz
Counseling Psychology and School Counseling
Central Washington University
400 E. 8th
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7481
Treasurer: Mark Young
College of Education and Human DevelopmentEastern Washington University
526 5th Street
Cheney, WA 99004-2431